Hello, my name is Brianna. I’ve never had to do this before, so I don’t really know where to begin.
I’m 17 years old and I’m being kicked out of my house on the 29th of October (when I turn eighteen). My mother and I have been fighting for a while now about things like how we’re going to pay our bills and whether we’re going to be homeless or not. We both have medical issues that make it impossible to function and it seems like one thing after another happens every time we get back on our feet.
I’ve had numerous people tell me that I should ‘abandon’ her (including my school counselor, my family, and my teachers), and until now I’ve fought tooth and nail to stay. Leaving would’ve been best for the both of us, but there was and is no way I could support myself, our 4 animals, and still be able to attend classes. My father passed away when I was younger, but the money I receive from that isn’t even enough for rent- let alone utilities, food, laundry, hygiene products, etc.
I don’t have a phone and the only reason I can get on the internet is because her boss was kind enough to loan me a computer from the office and the neighbor lets me mooch of their signal. I could give you a sob story about my life- trust me it’s a doozy- but I’d rather tell you where your money would be going if you donated any:
- First and foremost I would need a place to live. Rent for a 1 bedroom 1 bath apartment runs at about $400/month (for a cheap one). And the deposit (for that same cheap one) is $250.
- Food is expensive, but because of my age I could probably get assistance. Whatever I have left after paying everything would go towards that.
- Utilities here (water, sewer, electricity, and gas) run at about $200/month.
- Trash pickup is $43/3 months.
- Phone, internet, and cable are around $120/month. (that’s as a bundle- phone is NOT a cell)
- Hygiene products vary, and I could probably get help from the school with that.
- The apartment is unfurnished, and I would only be able to take my bed and some of my belongings with me so if I had any extra after food, I’d use it to buy dishes and towels and then furniture after that.
I’ll be old enough to work to be able to work night shifts on the 29th, so I should be able to find a job within the next few weeks where I could earn enough with school to support myself.
You can donate by going to the donate button on the left side of my blog.
PS- it’s the Necessities Fund (it’s under Nechtan Studios, because that is the business I was hoping to start. Because of this, that is obviously on hold…)